Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My "clean" little secret

Socks without a match....

Yep, that is my basket of unmatched socks.  Oh, I am certain that many of those socks have matches, but I have yet to go through the pile.  I think of it everyday.  I put it on my "to do" list every week.  Yet, there it sits.  Multiplying.  I keep justifying it by telling myself that once all of the laundry is done I will match them.  Is all of the laundry ever done?

I am a bit of an organization freak, so I am certain that this picture will shock those that know me well.
Let me assure you, this is NOT the only unfinished project in my house.  I have a closet of pictures that I constantly tell myself that I will get to next week.  The problem is that when a project remains unfinished it tends to grow and becomes so overwhelming that I never know where to begin.  This is precisely what happened with my "drawer" of unmatched socks.  It soon became two drawers, than filled a small bin, and now has multiplied into a large bin of unmatched socks!  Why do I have so many unmatched socks?  KIDS!  I find one sock on the grass, one in the street (apparently it was being used as a free throw line), multiple socks in my car, soccer bags, under the bed, on the bed, stuffed in the cushions of my couch (my husband is guilty of this).  You get the idea.  I just need to tackle the beast and match the darn socks!  Definitely on my "to do" list this week.  I will offer proof by the end of the week:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment